SC denies bail to Jagan Mohan Reddy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday rejected the bail plea of YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who is under arrest since May 27 in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The 40-year-old son of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajashekhara Reddy had approached the apex court after the Andhra Pradesh High Court denied him the relief.
Reddy is at present lodged in the Chenchalguda central prison in the state capital under the judicial custody of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is conducting an investigation into him and others in an alleged corruption and cheating case during the reign of his father.
Yesterday, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) had issued attachment orders on properties worth Rs.51 crore in its money laundering probe against Jagan Mohan Reddy and his associates.
The ED began its probe against the politician and his associates on the basis of a CBI first information report that stated that since “May 2004, Jagan floated number of companies wherein quid pro quo investments have been made by the beneficiaries from the decisions of the state government in various forms like SEZs (special economic zones), irrigation contracts, relaxation/permission for real estate ventures, mines among others”.
The CBI has already filed a chargesheet in this case in a special court in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened