SC rejects Jaganmohan Reddy`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Thursday dismissed the bail petition of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a case of disproportionate assets, saying his release could hamper probe against him.
The court observed that Jaganmohan Reddy, popularly called Jagan, son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y.S.R. Reddy, was ultimate beneficiary of the alleged acts of wrong doing.
The apex court also cancelled the bail of Jaganmohan Reddy`s auditor Vijay Sai Reddy and directed him to surrender by May 30, CBI counsel Ashok Bhan told reporters outside the Supreme Court. The court also rejected the bail plea of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, an accused in the case.
The court directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to complete investigations and file charge sheet within four months. Thereafter, the three can move the court for the grant of the bail.
Jagan, a Lok Sabha member from Kadapa, was arrested by the CBI on May 27, 2012.
Vijay Sai Reddy has been given time till June 5 to surrender as his daughter`s marriage is scheduled to take place May 26.
The court while rejecting the bail pleas noted that there was an enormous increase in while collar crimes, which has serious repercussions on the economy of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India