SC says plea against Telangana premature
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday termed as "premature" a petition filed against the proposed creation of the new state of Telangana by bifurcating Andhra Pradesh, which is yet to get Parliament`s nod.
"The central government will take the matter to Parliament. Parliament will accept or reject the proposal," a bench comprising justices HL Dattu and SJ Mukhopadhaya said.
"A few more required steps have not been taken as yet. Your petition is premature," the bench further said while declining to entertain the PIL filed by advocate PV Krishnaiah who then withdrew it.
The PIL had said the proposal for the creation of Telangana was political as in the past the demand for it has been rejected twice.
Further, the advocate said the decision has also resulted in a hostile environment in the state.
The petitioner said there has been a demand for bifurcating other states but the Centre has not accepted it because of political consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi