School girl ends life, principal taken into custody
Hyderabad: A 15-year-old girl student at
a private high school here hanged herself to death after
alleged harassment by her school Principal, police said on Thursday.
The school principal Niraja and her husband Laxmaiah
were today taken into custody and further investigations were
on, they said.
P Vijay Vani, a 10th standard student was found
hanging at her residence in V K Dhage Nagar here last night,
Saidabad police said.
According to police, Vijay Vani locked herself in her
study room and hanged herself to the ceiling fan with a sari.
"The body was found by her parents when they went to
her room asking to join for dinner," a police officer said.
A suicide note purportedly written by Vani was found in
the room in which she alleged that "School Principal and her
husband were subjecting her to mental harassment and were
responsible for her death."
"They (Principal and her husband) were harassing our
daughter and using foul language stating that she was not
studying well. The actual reasons for the harassment is that
we had recently shifted our younger son from their school,"
the victim`s parents alleged in a complaint.
The school principal and her husband were today taken
into custody and further investigations were on, the police
officer said adding the girl`s body has been sent for
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match