School teacher booked for raping 15-year-old girl student
Nalgonda: A government school teacher was booked on Tuesday on the charge of raping a 15-year-old girl student and forcibly getting her pregnancy terminated in Chilkur mandal of the district, the police said.
B Vijay Kumar, a physical training instructor at a government school in Ramapuram village had sexual intercourse with a 10th standard girl student for the past one year, according to a complaint lodged by her mother.
The matter came to light only today when the girl complained of bleeding and was rushed to a hospital for treatment, a police officer said.
"After impregnating the minor girl, the teacher gave her some pills which resulted in an abortion around three days ago," he said.
A hunt is on to nab the absconding teacher who has been booked for rape under Sections 312 (causing miscarriage) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad