School teacher booked for raping 15-year-old girl student
Nalgonda: A government school teacher was booked on Tuesday on the charge of raping a 15-year-old girl student and forcibly getting her pregnancy terminated in Chilkur mandal of the district, the police said.
B Vijay Kumar, a physical training instructor at a government school in Ramapuram village had sexual intercourse with a 10th standard girl student for the past one year, according to a complaint lodged by her mother.
The matter came to light only today when the girl complained of bleeding and was rushed to a hospital for treatment, a police officer said.
"After impregnating the minor girl, the teacher gave her some pills which resulted in an abortion around three days ago," he said.
A hunt is on to nab the absconding teacher who has been booked for rape under Sections 312 (causing miscarriage) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit