School teacher booked for raping 15-year-old girl student
Nalgonda: A government school teacher was booked on Tuesday on the charge of raping a 15-year-old girl student and forcibly getting her pregnancy terminated in Chilkur mandal of the district, the police said.
B Vijay Kumar, a physical training instructor at a government school in Ramapuram village had sexual intercourse with a 10th standard girl student for the past one year, according to a complaint lodged by her mother.
The matter came to light only today when the girl complained of bleeding and was rushed to a hospital for treatment, a police officer said.
"After impregnating the minor girl, the teacher gave her some pills which resulted in an abortion around three days ago," he said.
A hunt is on to nab the absconding teacher who has been booked for rape under Sections 312 (causing miscarriage) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...