Scribes protest against police manhandling in Andhra assembly
Hyderabad: Media persons today held a protest
in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly here demanding action against
policemen who allegedly manhandled some scribes at the Osmania
The police allegedly hit two mediapersons, causing
grievous injuries, while shooting the lathi-charge on students
and other Telangana supporters at Manikeshwar Nagar near the
university campus today.
Angry over the incident, the mediapersons staged a dharna
at the campus and later at the State Assembly.
State Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy tried to pacify
the protesters by assuring them of appropriate action against
the concerned policemen, but it was of no avail.
The scribes later held a sit-in inside the Assembly
demanding Chief Minister K Rosaiah`s intervention in the
matter and suspension of the erring policemen.
Rosaiah assured the agitating mediapersons that action
would be taken against the police officer after a thorough
The state government has transferred Deputy Commissioner
of Police of East Zone Stephen Ravindra after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Memories in making with noir shades, Shah Rukh Khan rejoices evening with 'Dear Zindagi' team!
- New 'Star Wars' character from 'Rogue One' unveiled
- Kicking the butt can cut daily drinking too
- Olympics: IOC report 45 new doping failures from 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games
- Female smokers at higher risk of brain bleed