Scribes protest against police manhandling in Andhra assembly
Hyderabad: Media persons today held a protest
in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly here demanding action against
policemen who allegedly manhandled some scribes at the Osmania
The police allegedly hit two mediapersons, causing
grievous injuries, while shooting the lathi-charge on students
and other Telangana supporters at Manikeshwar Nagar near the
university campus today.
Angry over the incident, the mediapersons staged a dharna
at the campus and later at the State Assembly.
State Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy tried to pacify
the protesters by assuring them of appropriate action against
the concerned policemen, but it was of no avail.
The scribes later held a sit-in inside the Assembly
demanding Chief Minister K Rosaiah`s intervention in the
matter and suspension of the erring policemen.
Rosaiah assured the agitating mediapersons that action
would be taken against the police officer after a thorough
The state government has transferred Deputy Commissioner
of Police of East Zone Stephen Ravindra after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda