Scribes protest against police manhandling in Andhra assembly
Hyderabad: Media persons today held a protest
in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly here demanding action against
policemen who allegedly manhandled some scribes at the Osmania
The police allegedly hit two mediapersons, causing
grievous injuries, while shooting the lathi-charge on students
and other Telangana supporters at Manikeshwar Nagar near the
university campus today.
Angry over the incident, the mediapersons staged a dharna
at the campus and later at the State Assembly.
State Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy tried to pacify
the protesters by assuring them of appropriate action against
the concerned policemen, but it was of no avail.
The scribes later held a sit-in inside the Assembly
demanding Chief Minister K Rosaiah`s intervention in the
matter and suspension of the erring policemen.
Rosaiah assured the agitating mediapersons that action
would be taken against the police officer after a thorough
The state government has transferred Deputy Commissioner
of Police of East Zone Stephen Ravindra after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown