Second chargesheet in cash-for-bail scam case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau on Thursday filed a second chargesheet in the cash-for-bail scam case against seven persons including former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, two Karnataka MLAs and two suspended judges.
The chargesheet filed in the special ACB court here names two suspended district judges K Lakshminarasimha Rao and T Prabhakar Rao (now under judicial custody), who are accused of trying to bribe suspended CBI court judge T Pattabhirama Rao, to secure bail for the mining baron in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case, a top ACB official supervising the cash-for-bail scam said.
Besides naming Reddy, the chargesheet also figures names of two Karnataka BJP legislators -- Janardhan Reddy`s brother and Bellary City MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy and Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu -- and Reddy`s relative Dasaratharam Reddy besides a realtor Suryaprakash Babu.
This chargesheet pertains to the second case registered by the ACB over attempts to bribe Pattabhirama Rao. The ACB had on August 13 filed its first charge sheet against him and seven others, for entering into a conspiracy to strike a bribe deal to facilitate bail for Janardhan Reddy.
Janardhan Reddy and others have been charged with criminal conspiracy and for accepting the bribe amount, ACB sources said, adding that it was "Janardhan Reddy (during his mulaqat meetings when he was lodged at Chanchalguda Jail here) who allegedly told Somashekhar to try and secure bail for him at any cost".
Later, Somashekhar allegedly played a key role in the affair and struck a deal for Rs 20 crore with Yadagiri Rao in order to secure bail, following which, Yadagiri, on May 10, arranged a meeting between Pattabhirama`s son and a retired judge T V Chalpathi Rao. The actual sum that changed hands was Rs 9.5 crore, the ACB said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH