Second phase of AP panchayat polls on Saturday
Hyderabad: As many as 7,038 offices of sarpanchs (village heads) would go to the polls during the second phase of Gram Panchayat elections to be held in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Official sources said 2,892 candidates are in the fray for the sarpanch posts. Polling will be held from 7am to 1 pm and votes will be counted from 2 pm.
The State Election Commission has made elaborate arrangements for the conduct of the poll.
The first phase of elections was held on July 23.
As many as 2,642 sarpanchs in the state have already been elected unopposed.
Elections would be held for the office of sarpanch (village head) in 18,721 Gram Panchayats.
The third phase of polling will be held on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’