Section 144 clamped in Telangana region
Hyderabad: Prohibitory orders under
Section 144 Criminal Procedure Code are being clamped in all
ten districts of Telangana, including Hyderabad, to maintain
peace, Inspector General of Police A R Anuradha announced here
The prohibitory orders, which will be in force from
tomorrow till December 11, come in the wake of the "peace
rally" to the state Assembly planned by the Joint Action
Committee of Telangana Students and Teachers here on December
"The JAC has not applied for permission to take out
the rally. Even if it applies, the permission will not be
granted since no rally is permitted to the Assembly which is
currently in session," the IG, who is posted for supervising
law and order in the wake of the ongoing agitation for
She advised passengers coming to Hyderabad on December
10 to avoid their journey as far as possible in view of the
"There will be a thorough screening of passengers
coming to Hyderabad. We shall not allow any protestors to
carry on their journey to the state capital and they will be
detained at the respective places," Anuradha added.
There would also be a restriction of movement of
people within the city as traffic curbs would be in place.
"There will be inconvenience for the people but it`s
unavoidable in the prevailing situation," she added.
The IG said boarders staying in campus hostels in
Osmania and other universities in Telangana have been asked to
vacate since the government has already declared holidays for
colleges till December 18.
"There is no reason why they should stay in the
hostels when colleges are closed," she pointed out but added
that no force would be used to get the boarders vacated.
"Adequate force has been deployed in the city to
maintain law and order," Anuradha said but refused to reveal
the exact number of personnel deployed.
Police force from other regions of the state was also
being brought in, she added.
The IG said four persons have been arrested in
connection with the attack on Health Minister Danam Nagender
in the city today.
"Over all, the situation is peaceful and under
control," she said, with particular reference to Osmania
University where tension prevailed yesterday following a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in