Security alert at RGIA ahead of Republic Day
Hyderabad: As part of security measures ahead of the Republic Day, an alert has been issued at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) here with restrictions on entry of visitors inside the terminal at the airport.
"The entry of visitors inside the terminal will be stopped and double screening of airline officials will be done till January 31, 2014," a release said.
Based on a circular issued by the Bureau of Civil Aviation and Security (BCAS) on the ban of entry of visitors inside the terminals across all Indian airports on some important occasions, the RGIA received a letter from BCAS and accordingly the security measures are being taken, it said.
As part of security measures, no vehicle, including those of VIPs and government, are permitted to park at arrival and departure ramps, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Nargis Fakhri quitting Bollywood? Here’s the truth
- Oldest evidence of cancer spotted in 1.7 million-year-old fossil
- Deadlock over GST ends: Bill likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha tomorrow
- Anushka Sharma talks about success, failure and more
- Hawaiian Airlines makes another emergency landing in Japan