Security alert at RGIA ahead of Republic Day
Hyderabad: As part of security measures ahead of the Republic Day, an alert has been issued at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) here with restrictions on entry of visitors inside the terminal at the airport.
"The entry of visitors inside the terminal will be stopped and double screening of airline officials will be done till January 31, 2014," a release said.
Based on a circular issued by the Bureau of Civil Aviation and Security (BCAS) on the ban of entry of visitors inside the terminals across all Indian airports on some important occasions, the RGIA received a letter from BCAS and accordingly the security measures are being taken, it said.
As part of security measures, no vehicle, including those of VIPs and government, are permitted to park at arrival and departure ramps, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH