Security alert at RGIA ahead of Republic Day
Hyderabad: As part of security measures ahead of the Republic Day, an alert has been issued at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) here with restrictions on entry of visitors inside the terminal at the airport.
"The entry of visitors inside the terminal will be stopped and double screening of airline officials will be done till January 31, 2014," a release said.
Based on a circular issued by the Bureau of Civil Aviation and Security (BCAS) on the ban of entry of visitors inside the terminals across all Indian airports on some important occasions, the RGIA received a letter from BCAS and accordingly the security measures are being taken, it said.
As part of security measures, no vehicle, including those of VIPs and government, are permitted to park at arrival and departure ramps, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference