Security beefed up in Pattaparthi
Puttaparthi (AP): After the condition
of Satya Sai Baba deteriorated, police on Friday stepped up
security in Puttaparthi town of Andhra Pradesh where the
spiritual leader has been undergoing treatment for the past
With reports indicating that several VIPs are expected
to arrive in Puttaparthi, bomb squads were pressed into
service to screen the area near Sri Sathya Sai Institute of
Higher Medical Sciences Super Speciality Hospital where Sai
Baba is being treated and Prashanti Nilayam, the official
residence of the 86-year old godman.
Earlier Anantapur Superintendent of Police Syed
Shahnawaz Qasim said additional police forces were already
sent to Puttaparthi to prevent any untoward incident.
District authorities have put on alert about two dozen
Tehsildars (revenue officials) to immediately rush to
Puttaparthi to take care of protocol arrangements in any
Even though a series of high level meetings (that of
government officials, doctors and Satya Sai Trust Members) are
going on in the hospital premises, the doctors are only
releasing information about Sai Baba`s health.
Trust members and senior government officials are
tight lipped about a successor of the organisation.
Meanwhile police took away spiritual leader Shiva
Saibaba of Karnataka, after he tried to force his way inside
the hospital premises to meet the Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media