Security beefed up in Pattaparthi
Puttaparthi (AP): After the condition
of Satya Sai Baba deteriorated, police on Friday stepped up
security in Puttaparthi town of Andhra Pradesh where the
spiritual leader has been undergoing treatment for the past
With reports indicating that several VIPs are expected
to arrive in Puttaparthi, bomb squads were pressed into
service to screen the area near Sri Sathya Sai Institute of
Higher Medical Sciences Super Speciality Hospital where Sai
Baba is being treated and Prashanti Nilayam, the official
residence of the 86-year old godman.
Earlier Anantapur Superintendent of Police Syed
Shahnawaz Qasim said additional police forces were already
sent to Puttaparthi to prevent any untoward incident.
District authorities have put on alert about two dozen
Tehsildars (revenue officials) to immediately rush to
Puttaparthi to take care of protocol arrangements in any
Even though a series of high level meetings (that of
government officials, doctors and Satya Sai Trust Members) are
going on in the hospital premises, the doctors are only
releasing information about Sai Baba`s health.
Trust members and senior government officials are
tight lipped about a successor of the organisation.
Meanwhile police took away spiritual leader Shiva
Saibaba of Karnataka, after he tried to force his way inside
the hospital premises to meet the Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read