Security beefed up in Pattaparthi
Puttaparthi (AP): After the condition
of Satya Sai Baba deteriorated, police on Friday stepped up
security in Puttaparthi town of Andhra Pradesh where the
spiritual leader has been undergoing treatment for the past
With reports indicating that several VIPs are expected
to arrive in Puttaparthi, bomb squads were pressed into
service to screen the area near Sri Sathya Sai Institute of
Higher Medical Sciences Super Speciality Hospital where Sai
Baba is being treated and Prashanti Nilayam, the official
residence of the 86-year old godman.
Earlier Anantapur Superintendent of Police Syed
Shahnawaz Qasim said additional police forces were already
sent to Puttaparthi to prevent any untoward incident.
District authorities have put on alert about two dozen
Tehsildars (revenue officials) to immediately rush to
Puttaparthi to take care of protocol arrangements in any
Even though a series of high level meetings (that of
government officials, doctors and Satya Sai Trust Members) are
going on in the hospital premises, the doctors are only
releasing information about Sai Baba`s health.
Trust members and senior government officials are
tight lipped about a successor of the organisation.
Meanwhile police took away spiritual leader Shiva
Saibaba of Karnataka, after he tried to force his way inside
the hospital premises to meet the Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam