Security for CBI official probing Jagan case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has provided `Y` category security to CBI Joint Director VV Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case, a police source said Monday.
The top official would now be protected by two armed guards round the clock. He would also be provided a bullet proof vehicle.
A total of four security guards were sanctioned for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) joint director. Police security would also be provided at his office and residence.
The decision by the Security Review Committee (SRC) came close on the heels of the chargesheet filed against Jaganmohan Reddy, an MP and son of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though Laxminarayana has not received any threat, the SRC, comprising various intelligence agencies, felt a threat perception to his life as he is conducting investigations into high profile cases.
The CBI team headed by the joint director has already filed chargesheets in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy in Emaar case.
Sohrabuddin encounter case involving top police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan was entrusted to Laxminarayana last month.
Laxminarayana, a 1990 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Maharashtra cadre, also has jurisdiction over Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened