Security for CBI official probing Jagan case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has provided `Y` category security to CBI Joint Director VV Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case, a police source said Monday.
The top official would now be protected by two armed guards round the clock. He would also be provided a bullet proof vehicle.
A total of four security guards were sanctioned for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) joint director. Police security would also be provided at his office and residence.
The decision by the Security Review Committee (SRC) came close on the heels of the chargesheet filed against Jaganmohan Reddy, an MP and son of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though Laxminarayana has not received any threat, the SRC, comprising various intelligence agencies, felt a threat perception to his life as he is conducting investigations into high profile cases.
The CBI team headed by the joint director has already filed chargesheets in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy in Emaar case.
Sohrabuddin encounter case involving top police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan was entrusted to Laxminarayana last month.
Laxminarayana, a 1990 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Maharashtra cadre, also has jurisdiction over Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'