Security for CBI official probing Jagan case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has provided `Y` category security to CBI Joint Director VV Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case, a police source said Monday.
The top official would now be protected by two armed guards round the clock. He would also be provided a bullet proof vehicle.
A total of four security guards were sanctioned for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) joint director. Police security would also be provided at his office and residence.
The decision by the Security Review Committee (SRC) came close on the heels of the chargesheet filed against Jaganmohan Reddy, an MP and son of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though Laxminarayana has not received any threat, the SRC, comprising various intelligence agencies, felt a threat perception to his life as he is conducting investigations into high profile cases.
The CBI team headed by the joint director has already filed chargesheets in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy in Emaar case.
Sohrabuddin encounter case involving top police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan was entrusted to Laxminarayana last month.
Laxminarayana, a 1990 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Maharashtra cadre, also has jurisdiction over Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH