Security for CBI official probing Jagan case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has provided `Y` category security to CBI Joint Director VV Laxminarayana, who is heading investigations into high profile cases, including an illegal assets case against YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy and the Sohrabuddin encounter case, a police source said Monday.
The top official would now be protected by two armed guards round the clock. He would also be provided a bullet proof vehicle.
A total of four security guards were sanctioned for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) joint director. Police security would also be provided at his office and residence.
The decision by the Security Review Committee (SRC) came close on the heels of the chargesheet filed against Jaganmohan Reddy, an MP and son of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though Laxminarayana has not received any threat, the SRC, comprising various intelligence agencies, felt a threat perception to his life as he is conducting investigations into high profile cases.
The CBI team headed by the joint director has already filed chargesheets in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy in Emaar case.
Sohrabuddin encounter case involving top police officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan was entrusted to Laxminarayana last month.
Laxminarayana, a 1990 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Maharashtra cadre, also has jurisdiction over Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends