Security heightened in Hyderabad after Bodh Gaya blasts
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police have stepped up security and intensified checking in the city in the wake of serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, a senior police official on Wednesday said.
"The IB issued a general alert (after the Bodh Gaya incident) and as a precautionary measure, 30 police teams are already conducting anti-sabotage checks, frisking and patrolling operations in different places in the city," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters here.
Regarding the ensuing Bonalu festival and Ramzan, Sharma said police have beefed up security arrangements.
Additional forces will be deployed to ensure their peaceful conduct and police will maintain vigil through CCTVs also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row