Security heightened in Hyderabad after Bodh Gaya blasts
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police have stepped up security and intensified checking in the city in the wake of serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, a senior police official on Wednesday said.
"The IB issued a general alert (after the Bodh Gaya incident) and as a precautionary measure, 30 police teams are already conducting anti-sabotage checks, frisking and patrolling operations in different places in the city," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters here.
Regarding the ensuing Bonalu festival and Ramzan, Sharma said police have beefed up security arrangements.
Additional forces will be deployed to ensure their peaceful conduct and police will maintain vigil through CCTVs also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS