Security heightened in Hyderabad after Bodh Gaya blasts
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police have stepped up security and intensified checking in the city in the wake of serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, a senior police official on Wednesday said.
"The IB issued a general alert (after the Bodh Gaya incident) and as a precautionary measure, 30 police teams are already conducting anti-sabotage checks, frisking and patrolling operations in different places in the city," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters here.
Regarding the ensuing Bonalu festival and Ramzan, Sharma said police have beefed up security arrangements.
Additional forces will be deployed to ensure their peaceful conduct and police will maintain vigil through CCTVs also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested