Security heightened in Hyderabad after Bodh Gaya blasts
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police have stepped up security and intensified checking in the city in the wake of serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, a senior police official Wednesday said.
"The IB issued a general alert (after the Bodh Gaya incident) and as a precautionary measure, 30 police teams are already conducting anti-sabotage checks, frisking and patrolling operations in different places in the city," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters here.
Regarding the ensuing Bonalu festival and Ramzan, Sharma said police have beefed up security arrangements.
Additional forces will be deployed to ensure their peaceful conduct and police will maintain vigil through CCTVs also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown