Security heightened in Hyderabad after Bodh Gaya blasts
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police have stepped up security and intensified checking in the city in the wake of serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, a senior police official Wednesday said.
"The IB issued a general alert (after the Bodh Gaya incident) and as a precautionary measure, 30 police teams are already conducting anti-sabotage checks, frisking and patrolling operations in different places in the city," Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters here.
Regarding the ensuing Bonalu festival and Ramzan, Sharma said police have beefed up security arrangements.
Additional forces will be deployed to ensure their peaceful conduct and police will maintain vigil through CCTVs also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok