Security scaled up at jail as Jagan announces indefinite fast
Hyderabad: Security on Sunday enhanced around the Chanchalguda Central Prison here where jailed YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has announced to go on an indefinite fast to protest the move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
However, jail authorities said that they did not get any information from Jagan about his fasting.
"He (Jagan) has not given us any representation on his fast. He has to give in writing and inform but so far there is no intimation," Chanchalguda jail superintendent B Saidaiah said.
Amid reports that Jagan did not have his breakfast this morning, the jail official said, "It is only after 12 hours we will be able to make an official statement with regard to his fast."
As a precautionary measure, security was beefed up around Chanchalguda central prison with deployment of additional personnel from city police and also para-military forces, another senior police official said.
YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijayamma, who had yesterday called off her indefinite fast opposing proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur, had announced that her son and jailed Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy will go on an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
Jaganmohan Reddy has been lodged in Chanchalguda jail since May 27 last year after his arrest by CBI on corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner
- Must watch: Indian billionaires and their private jets