Security stepped up ahead of Warangal local polls
Warangal: Ahead of the local body elections slated later in July, the district police have identified sensitive gram panchayats and made adequate security arrangements for free and fair polling, police said.
The police have identified 192 hyper-sensitive gram panchayats in the district, out of the total 742 under rural police limits in the district.
Of these, 101 are classified as extremist affected and 142 sensitive in Mulugu, Mahabubabad and Narasampet divisions, Superintendent of Police (Rural) G Pala Raju said.
"We are trying to neutralise the villages which are naxal affected. The police have been conducting combined operations," he said.
An enforcement team in each mandal would be set up, in addition to a team for implementing the election code of conduct.
To avoid illegal flow of money during elections, the police were working with banks and keeping a watch on the `unusual` bank transactions, such as opening of new accounts.
On auctioning of sarpanch posts, the SP appealed to the candidates not to resort to such practices, in violation of the election code of conduct.
A team of officials has been sent to Gummadavelli village in Chityal mandal where the sarpanch post was allegedly sold for Rs three lakh on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur