Security stepped up around AP Assembly building
Hyderabad: Police have enhanced security arrangements around Andhra Pradesh Assembly building here ahead of the Budget session of the legislature beginning on Wednesday.
Additional security forces have been deployed around the building and extra surveillance cameras have also been installed, officials said.
In order to avoid any untoward incidents and in view of the prevailing situation in the city, which was rocked by twin bomb blasts last month, it has been decided to enhance security around the Assembly building, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Prohibitory orders banning assembly of people, public meetings/processions will be in force within a radius of 2km of the AP Legislative Assembly/Council building from tomorrow. The orders will be in force till March 19, he said.
Apart from the city police, personnel from the Andhra Pradesh Special Police will be deployed near the Assembly building, Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'