Security stepped up around AP Assembly building
Hyderabad: Police have enhanced security arrangements around Andhra Pradesh Assembly building here ahead of the Budget session of the legislature beginning on Wednesday.
Additional security forces have been deployed around the building and extra surveillance cameras have also been installed, officials said.
In order to avoid any untoward incidents and in view of the prevailing situation in the city, which was rocked by twin bomb blasts last month, it has been decided to enhance security around the Assembly building, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Prohibitory orders banning assembly of people, public meetings/processions will be in force within a radius of 2km of the AP Legislative Assembly/Council building from tomorrow. The orders will be in force till March 19, he said.
Apart from the city police, personnel from the Andhra Pradesh Special Police will be deployed near the Assembly building, Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?