Security stepped up around AP Assembly building
Hyderabad: Police have enhanced security arrangements around Andhra Pradesh Assembly building here ahead of the Budget session of the legislature beginning on Wednesday.
Additional security forces have been deployed around the building and extra surveillance cameras have also been installed, officials said.
In order to avoid any untoward incidents and in view of the prevailing situation in the city, which was rocked by twin bomb blasts last month, it has been decided to enhance security around the Assembly building, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Prohibitory orders banning assembly of people, public meetings/processions will be in force within a radius of 2km of the AP Legislative Assembly/Council building from tomorrow. The orders will be in force till March 19, he said.
Apart from the city police, personnel from the Andhra Pradesh Special Police will be deployed near the Assembly building, Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay