Security stepped up around AP Assembly building
Hyderabad: Police have enhanced security arrangements around Andhra Pradesh Assembly building here ahead of the Budget session of the legislature beginning on Wednesday.
Additional security forces have been deployed around the building and extra surveillance cameras have also been installed, officials said.
In order to avoid any untoward incidents and in view of the prevailing situation in the city, which was rocked by twin bomb blasts last month, it has been decided to enhance security around the Assembly building, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Prohibitory orders banning assembly of people, public meetings/processions will be in force within a radius of 2km of the AP Legislative Assembly/Council building from tomorrow. The orders will be in force till March 19, he said.
Apart from the city police, personnel from the Andhra Pradesh Special Police will be deployed near the Assembly building, Sharma added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference