Seemandhra: Banks, Central offices remain shut in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: Public sector banks remained closed in East Godavari district on the shutdown call given by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers Association against proposed division of the state.
"All banks in the district are voluntarily closed and business transactions severely affected," said spokesman of a public sector bank.
He said transactions over Rs 70 crore got affected due to the closure of as many as 33 banks of State Bank of India.
He said dealings to the tune of Rs 10 crore were affected in the Rajahmundry division alone.
Students held demonstrations in front of Rajahmundry railway station as part of their protest to besiege offices of Central government and national banks.
Offices of ONGC, Telegraphs office, BSNL remained closed today.
Pro-united state activists have been opposing proposed bifurcation of the state since the Congress Working Committee adopted a resolution this July to carve out separate Telangana state.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif exonerated in Panama Papers case: Report
- NHPC share sale: Institutional buyers put in Rs 3,410 crore bids
- See pic: NASA's Cassini spots a sea of Methane on Saturn's moon, Titan!
- CGBSE.net Class 10th HS Results 2016: Chattisgarh Board CGBSE.nic.in High School (Class 10th X) Exam Results 2016 to be announced today
- Fed keeps key rate unchanged, noting slower US growth