Seemandhra Cong leaders want high level panel to visit AP
Hyderabad: Faced with pressure from united Andhra supporters, the ruling Congress leaders from Seemandhra regions Tuesday said a committee comprising Union Ministers should tour Andhra Pradesh to look into issues concerning the proposed division of the state.
"A committee comprising Union Ministers should visit Andhra Pradesh. They should focus on issues in the state. Congress alone is not guilty (in the proposed division)," state Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy told reporters here.
The committee would help understand concerns of the Seemandhra region, Reddy said.
Observing that Congress alone is not to be blamed for the proposed division, he said they would like to work with the slogan `Save Andhra Pradesh, Save Congress`.
Reddy was speaking after a meeting of some Andhra Pradesh ministers and other Congress leaders.
His remarks came in the wake of raging united Andhra agitation in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions and the ruling Congress leaders being blamed for the division.
State Congress unit president Botsa Satyanarayana has already urged AICC president Sonia Gandhi to depute the members of A K Antony committee to visit the state.
The A K Antony panel was constituted to go into the situation arising out of the decision to form separate Telangana.
The PCC president, who is likely to visit Delhi tomorrow, is expected to convey the concerns of the Seemandhra leaders to the party leadership there.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) had given its nod for separate Telangana demand on July 30 and protests against proposed division in Seemandhra regions continue unabated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview