Seemandhra: Cong legislators protest in Assembly premises
Hyderabad: Ruling Congress MLAs, MLCs and Andhra Pradesh ministers from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Tuesday organised a protest in the Legislative Assembly premises here in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
About 15 ministers, more than 40 MLAs and 15 MLCs participated in the three-hour protest organised by the United Andhra Pradesh Congress MLAs and MLCs Forum.
On the occasion, state revenue minister N Raghuveera Reddy said Congress is being unfairly blamed for division of the state though it was the last party to endorse the separate Telangana demand. All other major parties did not voice opposition to division earlier, he said.
The Congress legislators from the Seemandhra region had earlier organised a protest in premises of Parliament.
The Congress party`s endorsement of separate Telangana demand on July 30 triggered a wave of protests across Seemandhra which is continuing till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29