Seemandhra: Cong legislators protest in Assembly premises
Hyderabad: Ruling Congress MLAs, MLCs and Andhra Pradesh ministers from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Tuesday organised a protest in the Legislative Assembly premises here in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
About 15 ministers, more than 40 MLAs and 15 MLCs participated in the three-hour protest organised by the United Andhra Pradesh Congress MLAs and MLCs Forum.
On the occasion, state revenue minister N Raghuveera Reddy said Congress is being unfairly blamed for division of the state though it was the last party to endorse the separate Telangana demand. All other major parties did not voice opposition to division earlier, he said.
The Congress legislators from the Seemandhra region had earlier organised a protest in premises of Parliament.
The Congress party`s endorsement of separate Telangana demand on July 30 triggered a wave of protests across Seemandhra which is continuing till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH