Seemandhra: Cong legislators protest in Assembly premises
Hyderabad: Ruling Congress MLAs, MLCs and Andhra Pradesh ministers from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Tuesday organised a protest in the Legislative Assembly premises here in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
About 15 ministers, more than 40 MLAs and 15 MLCs participated in the three-hour protest organised by the United Andhra Pradesh Congress MLAs and MLCs Forum.
On the occasion, state revenue minister N Raghuveera Reddy said Congress is being unfairly blamed for division of the state though it was the last party to endorse the separate Telangana demand. All other major parties did not voice opposition to division earlier, he said.
The Congress legislators from the Seemandhra region had earlier organised a protest in premises of Parliament.
The Congress party`s endorsement of separate Telangana demand on July 30 triggered a wave of protests across Seemandhra which is continuing till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'