Seemandhra lawyers email President, PM against AP bifurcation
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Lawyers` Joint Action Committee (JAC) e-mailed the President, Prime Minister, Union Cabinet Ministers and the Chief Ministers of different states, explaining the disadvantages of bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"The e-mail contains 16 pages which detail problems of farmers, employees, students and backward class people," Seemandhra Lawyers` JAC Co-Convener Muppalla Subba Rao told reporters.
He said more than 650 emails have been sent to various political parties urging them to keep Andhra Pradesh "united".
A `Chalo Assembly` agitation would be organised when the Telangana draft bill reaches the Assembly.
Over 35,000 lawyers from 13 Seemandhra districts continue to abstain from duties in protest against the Centre`s decision to bifurcate the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon