Seemandhra lawyers email President, PM against AP bifurcation
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Lawyers` Joint Action Committee (JAC) e-mailed the President, Prime Minister, Union Cabinet Ministers and the Chief Ministers of different states, explaining the disadvantages of bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"The e-mail contains 16 pages which detail problems of farmers, employees, students and backward class people," Seemandhra Lawyers` JAC Co-Convener Muppalla Subba Rao told reporters.
He said more than 650 emails have been sent to various political parties urging them to keep Andhra Pradesh "united".
A `Chalo Assembly` agitation would be organised when the Telangana draft bill reaches the Assembly.
Over 35,000 lawyers from 13 Seemandhra districts continue to abstain from duties in protest against the Centre`s decision to bifurcate the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket