Seemandhra lawyers email President, PM against AP bifurcation
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Lawyers` Joint Action Committee (JAC) e-mailed the President, Prime Minister, Union Cabinet Ministers and the Chief Ministers of different states, explaining the disadvantages of bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"The e-mail contains 16 pages which detail problems of farmers, employees, students and backward class people," Seemandhra Lawyers` JAC Co-Convener Muppalla Subba Rao told reporters.
He said more than 650 emails have been sent to various political parties urging them to keep Andhra Pradesh "united".
A `Chalo Assembly` agitation would be organised when the Telangana draft bill reaches the Assembly.
Over 35,000 lawyers from 13 Seemandhra districts continue to abstain from duties in protest against the Centre`s decision to bifurcate the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court