Seemandhra lawyers to continue their stir till Nov 23: JAC
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Laywers Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Saturday decided to continue abstaining from court work till November 23 to protest against the proposed cabinet decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
The Seemandhra Laywers JAC Co-Convener Muppalla Subba Rao said, "Lawyers of 13 Seemandhra districts today met at Kakinada and decided to continue abstaining from court work till November 23 and meet on November 24 at Kadapa to chalk out the future course of action."
Over 35,000 lawyers/advocates from 13 Seemandhra districts are on a stir for the past over 100 days and participating in the protests rallies, procession, relay hunger strike organised by the non-political JACs.
"We will continue with our agitation till a statement came for united Andhra Pradesh. We are demanding resignation the MPs or submit a letter to President of India, that we are withdrawing support congress ruled UPA government at the centre," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube