Seemandhra lawyers to continue their stir till Nov 23: JAC
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Laywers Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Saturday decided to continue abstaining from court work till November 23 to protest against the proposed cabinet decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
The Seemandhra Laywers JAC Co-Convener Muppalla Subba Rao said, "Lawyers of 13 Seemandhra districts today met at Kakinada and decided to continue abstaining from court work till November 23 and meet on November 24 at Kadapa to chalk out the future course of action."
Over 35,000 lawyers/advocates from 13 Seemandhra districts are on a stir for the past over 100 days and participating in the protests rallies, procession, relay hunger strike organised by the non-political JACs.
"We will continue with our agitation till a statement came for united Andhra Pradesh. We are demanding resignation the MPs or submit a letter to President of India, that we are withdrawing support congress ruled UPA government at the centre," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok