Seemandhra ministers, MPs urge Cong to reconsider Telangana decision
New Delhi: Central ministers and MPs from Seemandhra region today met senior Congress leaders Veerappa Moily and Ahmed Patel and asked them to reconsider the Congress Working Committe (CWC) decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
Both Moily and Patel are members of an AICC Committee headed by A K Antony to look into grienvances arising out of formation of Telangana state.
"I hope they will reconsider CWC decision," Union Minister K S Rao said after the meeting with Moily.
The Congress leaders briefed Moily and Patel about the continued protests in Seemandhra regions against the decision to carve out the new state from Andhra Pradesh.
"I told him about the 50 days agitation in Seemandhra region after CWC decision and told him that due to the CWC decision, people are agitated in the region and employees are on strike," he said.
"We told Moily about it and asked to do justice for all regions," Rao said.
Besides Rao, other Central ministers from the region including M M Pallam Raju and Chiranjeevi were part of the delegation.
Rao said Moily has assured the MPs that he would discuss the issue with Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Their meeting with senior Congress leaders came in the wake of ongoing agitation in the state over CWC`s nod to a separate Telangana state.
The Antony-led panel, which is hearing concerns of all stakeholders in the wake of the CWC decision, will submit its report to the Congress President.
The CWC, which met on July 30, passed a resolution requesting the Centre "to take steps in accordance with the Constitution to form a separate state of Telangana ... Within a definite timeframe".
The CWC also recommended to the government that Hyderabad should be made the joint capital for a period of 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH