Seemandhra MPs to continue oppose Telangana Bill
New Delhi: Seemandhra ministers and MPs, including the six suspended legislators, on Wednesday held a crucial meeting, ahead of tabling of Telangana Bill in Parliament.
According to sources, all Seemanadhra ministers except for two are likely to protest against the introduction of the Bill in the well of the House.
Sources further said that an expelled MP is expected to give a notice for no-confidence motion against the government, in a bid to mount pressure against tabling the Telangana Bill.
An MP claimed that they have already mobilised the support of 37 MPs in the last two days.
Emerging out of the meeting, none of the Ministers were ready to comment on what they have discussed in the meeting.
However, one senior minister said they will oppose the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends