Seemandhra stir: PCC president writes to Sonia to resolve issue
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress today requested party president Sonia Gandhi to send representatives of the AK Antony Committee to the state to facilitate an amicable solution to the ongoing agitations against the proposed carving out of a separate Telangana.
PCC president Botsa Satyanarayna, according to sources, has written to Sonia Gandhi requesting the move, in the wake of raging protests in Seemandhra region against the proposed creation of a separate Telangana even two months after the resolution was adopted by the Congress Working Committee.
As Antony is not keeping well, three other top leaders, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily and AICC General Secretary and AP in-charge Digvijay Singh may visit the city to interact with people and facilitate the process of finding a solution.
It was learnt, that Digvijay has accepted the proposal in-principle after Satyanarayana telephoned him today and placed a similar proposal.
The Antony Committee, comprising Singh, Moily and Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel as other members, was constituted to look into the situation arising out of the decision in favour of a separate Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya