Seemandhra stir: PCC president writes to Sonia to resolve issue
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress today requested party president Sonia Gandhi to send representatives of the AK Antony Committee to the state to facilitate an amicable solution to the ongoing agitations against the proposed carving out of a separate Telangana.
PCC president Botsa Satyanarayna, according to sources, has written to Sonia Gandhi requesting the move, in the wake of raging protests in Seemandhra region against the proposed creation of a separate Telangana even two months after the resolution was adopted by the Congress Working Committee.
As Antony is not keeping well, three other top leaders, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily and AICC General Secretary and AP in-charge Digvijay Singh may visit the city to interact with people and facilitate the process of finding a solution.
It was learnt, that Digvijay has accepted the proposal in-principle after Satyanarayana telephoned him today and placed a similar proposal.
The Antony Committee, comprising Singh, Moily and Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel as other members, was constituted to look into the situation arising out of the decision in favour of a separate Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption