Seized money belongs to devotees: Sai`s nephew
New Delhi: Late Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew
RJ Ratnakar, who was on Saturday questioned by police in
connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in cash, on Sunday
said the money belonged to the "devotees" but refused to
"This 35 lakh belongs to devotees. Now that this is in
the court and investigation is on, more details cannot be
told," he said.
The cash was recovered a day after Sai Baba`s personal
chamber `Yajur Mandir` was opened and it was disclosed that it
contained 98 kg of gold, 307 kg of silver, apart from Rs 11.56
Ratnakar refuted as "mud-slinging" and "totally false"
allegations that trust members were trying to siphon out
"None of us...we are incapable of doing such things.
We have dedicated our lives at the lotus feet of the Bhagwan
Baba," he said, adding there are "disgruntled" people who are
spreading such allegations.
He said the Sathya Sai trust is the "most transparent"
trust and we go by all statutory requirements.
He also dismissed suggestions that there was a rift
between members of the trust as some had come through
influence, saying the trust was constituted last year and all
came to the board together.
"Whoever has come to the trust were handpicked by
Bhagwan (Sathya Sai)and I don`t think anybody could have
influenced for others," he said.
He said he was not "aware" about the one hour delay in
taking Sathya Sai Baba to hospital soon after he fell ill and
denied that the arrival of `rahu kaalam` had come in the way
from taking him to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams