Seized money belongs to devotees: Sai`s nephew
New Delhi: Late Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew
RJ Ratnakar, who was on Saturday questioned by police in
connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in cash, on Sunday
said the money belonged to the "devotees" but refused to
"This 35 lakh belongs to devotees. Now that this is in
the court and investigation is on, more details cannot be
told," he said.
The cash was recovered a day after Sai Baba`s personal
chamber `Yajur Mandir` was opened and it was disclosed that it
contained 98 kg of gold, 307 kg of silver, apart from Rs 11.56
Ratnakar refuted as "mud-slinging" and "totally false"
allegations that trust members were trying to siphon out
"None of us...we are incapable of doing such things.
We have dedicated our lives at the lotus feet of the Bhagwan
Baba," he said, adding there are "disgruntled" people who are
spreading such allegations.
He said the Sathya Sai trust is the "most transparent"
trust and we go by all statutory requirements.
He also dismissed suggestions that there was a rift
between members of the trust as some had come through
influence, saying the trust was constituted last year and all
came to the board together.
"Whoever has come to the trust were handpicked by
Bhagwan (Sathya Sai)and I don`t think anybody could have
influenced for others," he said.
He said he was not "aware" about the one hour delay in
taking Sathya Sai Baba to hospital soon after he fell ill and
denied that the arrival of `rahu kaalam` had come in the way
from taking him to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note