Self-crucification` averted in Guntur district
Guntur (AP): A Christian woman allegedly
tried to crucify herself at Kunchenapalli village in the
district on Friday morning, before police freed her.
According to the police, A Venkayamma (35), a
housewife-turned-soothsayer, had been telling the people for
the last few days that Jesus Christ had appeared in her dream
and urged her to crucify herself.
According to her, it was to be today; and some of her
followers had brought a wooden cross too.
However, acting on a tip-off, police rushed to the spot
and stopped the procedure midway, freeing the woman.
Police are now looking for her husband, A Francis, who is
suspected to have encouraged her. The woman is currently in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!