Self-crucification` averted in Guntur district
Guntur (AP): A Christian woman allegedly
tried to crucify herself at Kunchenapalli village in the
district on Friday morning, before police freed her.
According to the police, A Venkayamma (35), a
housewife-turned-soothsayer, had been telling the people for
the last few days that Jesus Christ had appeared in her dream
and urged her to crucify herself.
According to her, it was to be today; and some of her
followers had brought a wooden cross too.
However, acting on a tip-off, police rushed to the spot
and stopped the procedure midway, freeing the woman.
Police are now looking for her husband, A Francis, who is
suspected to have encouraged her. The woman is currently in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan