Self-crucification` averted in Guntur district
Guntur (AP): A Christian woman allegedly
tried to crucify herself at Kunchenapalli village in the
district on Friday morning, before police freed her.
According to the police, A Venkayamma (35), a
housewife-turned-soothsayer, had been telling the people for
the last few days that Jesus Christ had appeared in her dream
and urged her to crucify herself.
According to her, it was to be today; and some of her
followers had brought a wooden cross too.
However, acting on a tip-off, police rushed to the spot
and stopped the procedure midway, freeing the woman.
Police are now looking for her husband, A Francis, who is
suspected to have encouraged her. The woman is currently in
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires