Senior TDP leader Kadiyam Srihari quits party
Hyderabad: Senior TDP leader and politburo member Kadiyam Srihari on Saturday quit the party expressing displeasure over a host of issues, including the party`s ambivalent stand on the Telangana statehood issue.
Srihari, once a lecturer, had been with the TDP since its inception and served as an MLA for four terms. He was also a minister in the Chandrababu Naidu Cabinet in the late 1990s.
"The TDP has completely failed the people and lost its credibility. Only cash-rich industrialists were getting prominence in the party at the cost of sincere workers," Srihari alleged at a media conference in his hometown Warangal.
Srihari, who represented the TDP at the all-party meeting in New Delhi on Telangana, said the party was not respecting the sentiments of people of the region.
Srihari, who lost the Assembly elections in 2004 and 2009, had been sulking for some time now. He met party chief Chandrababu Naidu after the latter concluded his 208-day foot march and dismissed reports that he was quitting the party.
However, he announced his resignation today but did not indicate his future plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical