Senior UIDAI officer accused of sexual harassment
Hyderabad: The Central Administrative
Tribunal (CAT) has ordered the transfer of a senior IAS
officer, heading the regional office of the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) here, following
allegations of sexual harassment by a woman Indian Revenue
The CAT Hyderabad Bench had last week directed the Centre
that UIDAI`s Deputy Director General V S Bhaskar be
transferred after the complainant, who is working as Assistant
Director General at the UIDAI`s regional office, sought action
against him, her counsel Jonnalagadda Sudheer said on Tuesday.
Bhaskar has approached the Andhra Pradesh High Court
against the CAT directive. The High Court on Tuesday posted the
matter for further hearing for Wednesday.
The complainant had earlier approached higher authorities
accusing Bhaskar of sexual harassment and passing sexiest
comments and sought his transfer from the regional office of
UIDAI to enable her to continue her work, Sudheer said.
"As no action was taken against Bhaskar despite the
matter being brought to the notice of authorities concerned,
she was compelled to go on leave for six months," Sudheer said
and claimed even the enquiry committee for sexual harassment
held prima facie that Bhaskar was guilty of misconduct of
"Despite this finding, Bhaskar was not transferred, after
which she approached the CAT," Sudheer said.
Bhaskar could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof