Senior UIDAI officer accused of sexual harassment
Hyderabad: The Central Administrative
Tribunal (CAT) has ordered the transfer of a senior IAS
officer, heading the regional office of the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) here, following
allegations of sexual harassment by a woman Indian Revenue
The CAT Hyderabad Bench had last week directed the Centre
that UIDAI`s Deputy Director General V S Bhaskar be
transferred after the complainant, who is working as Assistant
Director General at the UIDAI`s regional office, sought action
against him, her counsel Jonnalagadda Sudheer said on Tuesday.
Bhaskar has approached the Andhra Pradesh High Court
against the CAT directive. The High Court on Tuesday posted the
matter for further hearing for Wednesday.
The complainant had earlier approached higher authorities
accusing Bhaskar of sexual harassment and passing sexiest
comments and sought his transfer from the regional office of
UIDAI to enable her to continue her work, Sudheer said.
"As no action was taken against Bhaskar despite the
matter being brought to the notice of authorities concerned,
she was compelled to go on leave for six months," Sudheer said
and claimed even the enquiry committee for sexual harassment
held prima facie that Bhaskar was guilty of misconduct of
"Despite this finding, Bhaskar was not transferred, after
which she approached the CAT," Sudheer said.
Bhaskar could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India