Separate protests over Telangana issue held at AP secretariat
Hyderabad: Tempers ran high in the Andhra Pradesh Secretariat on Friday as employees from Telangana and Seemandhra regions held competitive protests over the issue of state`s bifurcation.
The draft bill for division of Andhra Pradesh, sent by the President, reached the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today.
The Telangana supporters have been demanding that the bill be accepted in the assembly without delay, while their Seemandhra counterparts sought a thorough debate on the bill.
Against the backdrop of this charged up atmosphere, the Seemandhra employees protested the visit of AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in AP, to the city, alleging that he did not come when a prolonged agitation took place for united Andhra, but came now only to do politics.
Meanwhile, the Telangana employees held another protest in support of the separate statehood demand.
Both the sides blamed each other and the police had a tough time in ensuring normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!