Separate protests over Telangana issue held at AP secretariat
Hyderabad: Tempers ran high in the Andhra Pradesh Secretariat on Friday as employees from Telangana and Seemandhra regions held competitive protests over the issue of state`s bifurcation.
The draft bill for division of Andhra Pradesh, sent by the President, reached the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today.
The Telangana supporters have been demanding that the bill be accepted in the assembly without delay, while their Seemandhra counterparts sought a thorough debate on the bill.
Against the backdrop of this charged up atmosphere, the Seemandhra employees protested the visit of AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in AP, to the city, alleging that he did not come when a prolonged agitation took place for united Andhra, but came now only to do politics.
Meanwhile, the Telangana employees held another protest in support of the separate statehood demand.
Both the sides blamed each other and the police had a tough time in ensuring normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3