Separate state no solution to backwardness: Rayalaseema MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress legislators from
Rayalaseema today voiced their opposition to the division of
Andhra Pradesh asserting that formation of a separate state is
no solution to backwardness of various regions.
"If any region is backward, then it should be rectified.
Creation of new states is not a solution. Problems will only
increase with the creation of new states. Law and order is in
a bad shape wherever new states are created in the country,"
senior Congress MLA and former Minister J C Diwakar Reddy told
reporters after making a representation to the Srikrishna
Some other groups, including Temple Protection Movement
and Telangana intellectuals, also met the panel members today
who arrived here on a three-day visit to the city.
The five-member panel, set up in February, is in final
stage of its consultations with various groups. The members
undertook field visits to various districts over the last one
month to interact with common people.
The committee, appointed to look into the Telangana
issue, is scheduled to submit its report by December end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery