Separate state no solution to backwardness: Rayalaseema MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress legislators from
Rayalaseema today voiced their opposition to the division of
Andhra Pradesh asserting that formation of a separate state is
no solution to backwardness of various regions.
"If any region is backward, then it should be rectified.
Creation of new states is not a solution. Problems will only
increase with the creation of new states. Law and order is in
a bad shape wherever new states are created in the country,"
senior Congress MLA and former Minister J C Diwakar Reddy told
reporters after making a representation to the Srikrishna
Some other groups, including Temple Protection Movement
and Telangana intellectuals, also met the panel members today
who arrived here on a three-day visit to the city.
The five-member panel, set up in February, is in final
stage of its consultations with various groups. The members
undertook field visits to various districts over the last one
month to interact with common people.
The committee, appointed to look into the Telangana
issue, is scheduled to submit its report by December end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today