Separate state no solution to backwardness: Rayalaseema MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress legislators from
Rayalaseema today voiced their opposition to the division of
Andhra Pradesh asserting that formation of a separate state is
no solution to backwardness of various regions.
"If any region is backward, then it should be rectified.
Creation of new states is not a solution. Problems will only
increase with the creation of new states. Law and order is in
a bad shape wherever new states are created in the country,"
senior Congress MLA and former Minister J C Diwakar Reddy told
reporters after making a representation to the Srikrishna
Some other groups, including Temple Protection Movement
and Telangana intellectuals, also met the panel members today
who arrived here on a three-day visit to the city.
The five-member panel, set up in February, is in final
stage of its consultations with various groups. The members
undertook field visits to various districts over the last one
month to interact with common people.
The committee, appointed to look into the Telangana
issue, is scheduled to submit its report by December end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan