Separate state no solution to backwardness: Rayalaseema MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress legislators from
Rayalaseema today voiced their opposition to the division of
Andhra Pradesh asserting that formation of a separate state is
no solution to backwardness of various regions.
"If any region is backward, then it should be rectified.
Creation of new states is not a solution. Problems will only
increase with the creation of new states. Law and order is in
a bad shape wherever new states are created in the country,"
senior Congress MLA and former Minister J C Diwakar Reddy told
reporters after making a representation to the Srikrishna
Some other groups, including Temple Protection Movement
and Telangana intellectuals, also met the panel members today
who arrived here on a three-day visit to the city.
The five-member panel, set up in February, is in final
stage of its consultations with various groups. The members
undertook field visits to various districts over the last one
month to interact with common people.
The committee, appointed to look into the Telangana
issue, is scheduled to submit its report by December end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city