Seven arrested for Akbaruddin Owaisi attack
Hyderabad: Seven persons have so far been
arrested in connection with the attack on Majlis-e-Ittehadul
Muslimeen (MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi here, police said on Tuesday.
"Investigation into the murderous attack on Akbaruddin
is almost complete. Seven accused have been arrested till date
on charges of conspiring and participating in the attack,"
Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan told reporters.
"Besides, two other assailants, who were injured
during the attack, would be arrested after they get discharged
from hospital," he said.
Ruling out any direct political "conspiracy" behind
the April 30 incident, Khan said the attack was planned 10-15
days ago. A group of ten assailants attacked the MLA with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas.
Prime suspect Mohammad Pahalwan was arrested the same day.
The Police Commissioner said some more suspects are
being interrogated and did not rule out more arrests.
"The attack may be a fallout of land dispute as
Akbaruddin opposed encroachments of government lands
(allegedly occupied by some among the assailants) in
Chandrayangutta and Bandlaguda areas. Apart from this reason
there may be some earlier differences that led to the attack,"
The MLA was actively assisting government officials
who were taking possession of government lands under illegal
occupation, including those under the "illegal" occupation of
the accused persons, the Commissioner said.
"As a result the accused bore a grudge and hatched a
plan to eliminate Akbaruddin," Khan added.
One of the assailants, Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who
received firearm injury along with Awad Bin Younus and
Abdullah Bin Younus Yafai, died when the gunman of another
MIM MLA, Ahmed Balala who was accompanying Akbaruddin, fired
in retaliation, Khan explained.
Those arrested till now are: Mohd Bin Omer Yafai alias
Mohammed Pahalwan, Hussain Bin Omer Yafai, Yahiya Bin Younus
Yafai, Isa Bin Yafai, Faisal Bin Yafai, Fazal Bin Ahmed and
Younus Bin Omer Yafai, he said.
"Circumstantial evidence, eyewitness accounts,
forensic evidence, evidence for conspiracy, preparation to
committ offence have been collected to substantial extent and
we will be chargesheeting the accused soon."
Asked if there was a counter case, the city police
chief said the ACP Falaknuma Division had received a complaint
through speed-post after the incident. "After obtaining legal
opinion we will see if any case has to be filed."
Meanwhile, a medical bulletin issued by Care Hospital,
where Akbaruddin is undergoing treatment, said his condition
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj