Seven held for attempt to leak question paper
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including two
government officials, were today arrested in Andhra Pradesh`s
Nellore town for their alleged involvement in an incident of
question paper leak during the ongoing Intermediate Public
Examination, police said.
The two government officials along with the authorities
of the private college, where the examination centre was set
up in Nellore, tried to leak the Physics question paper of
first-year Intermediate exams, half-an-hour before it was
scheduled to begin at 8 am, they said.
D Satyavathi, Chief Superintendent of the exam centre and
K Chinappa Reddy, a department official and five employees of
the college were held on charges of trying to circulate papers
after taking photocopies of one original question paper taken
out from the bundle dispatched to the centre, an Investigating
Officer told a news agency over phone.
The examinations, however, were not cancelled as all the
copies of the leaked question paper seized before being
circulated, the police officer said.
Taking a strong note of the matter, Board of Intermediate
Education Secretary G Balaramaiah said a thorough inquiry will
be conducted into the leakage of the question paper.
He said police has filed a case for the attempt to leak
the question paper and no question paper got into the students
hands ahead of the examination.
The Board official said criminal action will be taken
against those involved in leaking of question paper after the
The Board Secretary has also directed the Nellore
district authorities to submit a detailed report on the issue,
official sources said.
Earlier, activists of ABVP, SFI and other student
organisations staged a protest in front of the college
demanding action against all those involved in leaking the
The Intermediate examinations commenced on March 10 and
will continue till March 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users