Seven killed as huts catch fire in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four children, were burnt alive after a fire broke out in a colony of construction workers in Medchal mandal of neighbouring
Ranga Reddy district this afternoon, police said.
The fire, which broke out in a hut, spread and gutted some 100 huts in Gundlapochampally village at around 1 PM.
Seven persons, including four children and two women, were burnt to death, said Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao, who visited the spot.
The victims were from families of construction laborers and hailed from Mahabubnagar and Medak districts, he said. Most laborers had left for the work at the time.
The cause of the fire was being verified, the Commissioner said, adding that an explosion of cooking gas cylinder was heard as the fire spread. Locals said the laborers were staying in the area for the last four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey