Seven killed as huts catch fire in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four children, were burnt alive after a fire broke out in a colony of construction workers in Medchal mandal of neighbouring
Ranga Reddy district this afternoon, police said.
The fire, which broke out in a hut, spread and gutted some 100 huts in Gundlapochampally village at around 1 PM.
Seven persons, including four children and two women, were burnt to death, said Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao, who visited the spot.
The victims were from families of construction laborers and hailed from Mahabubnagar and Medak districts, he said. Most laborers had left for the work at the time.
The cause of the fire was being verified, the Commissioner said, adding that an explosion of cooking gas cylinder was heard as the fire spread. Locals said the laborers were staying in the area for the last four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video