Seven killed as huts catch fire in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Seven persons, including four children, were burnt alive after a fire broke out in a colony of construction workers in Medchal mandal of neighbouring
Ranga Reddy district this afternoon, police said.
The fire, which broke out in a hut, spread and gutted some 100 huts in Gundlapochampally village at around 1 PM.
Seven persons, including four children and two women, were burnt to death, said Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao, who visited the spot.
The victims were from families of construction laborers and hailed from Mahabubnagar and Medak districts, he said. Most laborers had left for the work at the time.
The cause of the fire was being verified, the Commissioner said, adding that an explosion of cooking gas cylinder was heard as the fire spread. Locals said the laborers were staying in the area for the last four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore