Sharmila completes 2,500 km during her march
Hyderabad: Sharmila, YSR Congress leader and sister of the party president Jaganmohan Reddy, on Sunday completed distance of 2,500 kilometres in her ongoing `pad-yatra` (march) across Andhra Pradesh.
She covered 2,500 kms before reaching Kakarapalli in the coastal East Godavari district, where she unveiled a statue of her late father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
The march started in October last year from Rajasekhara Reddy family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
During the march, she has been targeting the ruling Congress for `failing` to implement the welfare schemes launched by her father. TDP too has been her target for its failure to be an effective opposition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory