Sharmila completes 2,500 km during her march
Hyderabad: Sharmila, YSR Congress leader and sister of the party president Jaganmohan Reddy, on Sunday completed distance of 2,500 kilometres in her ongoing `pad-yatra` (march) across Andhra Pradesh.
She covered 2,500 kms before reaching Kakarapalli in the coastal East Godavari district, where she unveiled a statue of her late father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
The march started in October last year from Rajasekhara Reddy family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
During the march, she has been targeting the ruling Congress for `failing` to implement the welfare schemes launched by her father. TDP too has been her target for its failure to be an effective opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack