Sharmila completes 2,500 km during her march
Hyderabad: Sharmila, YSR Congress leader and sister of the party president Jaganmohan Reddy, on Sunday completed distance of 2,500 kilometres in her ongoing `pad-yatra` (march) across Andhra Pradesh.
She covered 2,500 kms before reaching Kakarapalli in the coastal East Godavari district, where she unveiled a statue of her late father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
The march started in October last year from Rajasekhara Reddy family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
During the march, she has been targeting the ruling Congress for `failing` to implement the welfare schemes launched by her father. TDP too has been her target for its failure to be an effective opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what