Shinde offers worship to Lord Venkateswara
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkatateswara at nearby Tirumala.
Shinde, who arrived at Tirumala last evening, offered prayers during the Suprabhatha recitation ritual performed in the wee hours, temple sources told a news agency.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple, they added.
Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam Chairman K Bapiraju accompanied the minister during the visit to the temple.
Later, he left for Narasapuram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh to take part in an official programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug