Shinde offers worship to Lord Venkateswara
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkatateswara at nearby Tirumala.
Shinde, who arrived at Tirumala last evening, offered prayers during the Suprabhatha recitation ritual performed in the wee hours, temple sources told a news agency.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple, they added.
Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam Chairman K Bapiraju accompanied the minister during the visit to the temple.
Later, he left for Narasapuram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh to take part in an official programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail