Shinde offers worship to Lord Venkateswara
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkatateswara at nearby Tirumala.
Shinde, who arrived at Tirumala last evening, offered prayers during the Suprabhatha recitation ritual performed in the wee hours, temple sources told a news agency.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple, they added.
Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam Chairman K Bapiraju accompanied the minister during the visit to the temple.
Later, he left for Narasapuram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh to take part in an official programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka