Shinde`s note to states against principle of secularism: RSS
Vijayawada: RSS Wednesday hit out at Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his letter to state governments about ensuring that innocent Muslim youth were not detained in terror cases, saying it was "against the principle of secularism".
Reacting to the Home Minister`s missive, senior RSS functionary Ram Madhav told reporters here that it was a move designed to appease the minorities.
Investigation of a crime should proceed only on the basis of facts, not religion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi