Shinde`s note to states against principle of secularism: RSS
Vijayawada: RSS Wednesday hit out at Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his letter to state governments about ensuring that innocent Muslim youth were not detained in terror cases, saying it was "against the principle of secularism".
Reacting to the Home Minister`s missive, senior RSS functionary Ram Madhav told reporters here that it was a move designed to appease the minorities.
Investigation of a crime should proceed only on the basis of facts, not religion, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'