Sindhya appointed JDS Karna unit chief
Bangalore: Former minister P G R Sindhya,
who recently rejoined JDS, was on Wednesday appointed the Working
President of the party`s Karnataka unit.
JDS national President and former prime minister H D
Devegowda told reporters here that the appointment was made in
consultation with state unit President and his son H D
Kumaraswamy, a former Chief Minister.
Sindhya had quit JDS on the eve of 2008 assembly polls
and joined BSP, which failed to make a mark in the state,
before his recent re-entry into the party.
Gowda, who delayed the release of the list of new office
bearers, waiting for his son`s arrival, announced the Working
President`s appointment but witheld the names of others.
Kumaraswamy could not join his father at the press meet
as fog delayed his flight from Delhi, party sources said.
Gowda said his party would organise a state-level rally
of farmers next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city