Situation peaceful but security measures to continue in Hy`bad
Hyderabad: Situation in the communally sensitive city continued to remain calm and peaceful a day after the Allahabad High Court verdict in the Ayodhya title suits case, but authorities said precautionary measures will continue for some more days.
Shopkeepers were on Friday asked to shut down their shops for about two hours before the start of afternoon prayers in some sensitive localities of the city, police said.
There was no report of any untoward incident. The situation is totally peaceful, City Police Commissioner A K Khan told reporters here.
However, security drill, particularly in sensitive areas of the city, would continue for some more days, he said. Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC will also be
in force till October 4 to maintain public order, peace and tranquillity, he added.
As part of precautionary measures, pillon-riding has been prohibited between 9pm to 6am for a week. However, this restriction is not applicable to women and those below 12
years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion