Situation peaceful but security measures to continue in Hy`bad
Hyderabad: Situation in the communally sensitive city continued to remain calm and peaceful a day after the Allahabad High Court verdict in the Ayodhya title suits case, but authorities said precautionary measures will continue for some more days.
Shopkeepers were on Friday asked to shut down their shops for about two hours before the start of afternoon prayers in some sensitive localities of the city, police said.
There was no report of any untoward incident. The situation is totally peaceful, City Police Commissioner A K Khan told reporters here.
However, security drill, particularly in sensitive areas of the city, would continue for some more days, he said. Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC will also be
in force till October 4 to maintain public order, peace and tranquillity, he added.
As part of precautionary measures, pillon-riding has been prohibited between 9pm to 6am for a week. However, this restriction is not applicable to women and those below 12
years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'