Six Congress MPs from Telangana firm on resignations
Hyderabad: Six Congress MPs from Telangana on Thursday made it clear that they will not take back their resignations over the delay in formation of a separate state.
The MPs, who met here a day after reports of differences among them, claimed that resignations of seven MPs were Wednesday submitted to party president Sonia Gandhi`s office.
However, Madhu Yaskhi Goud, later stated that there is no need for resignations as the party spokesperson has clarified that the party is not against Telangana state.
K Rajagopal Reddy told reporters that Goud`s views were his personal and that the remaining MPs stand by their resignations both from parliament and the party.
He said the resignations along with a letter addressed to Sonia Gandhi were sent to Delhi through Goud and another MP, Ponnam Prabhakar.
Reddy said they had requested Gandhi to accept their resignations if the party was unable to take a decision for formation of Telangana.
"We will continue to put pressure on the leadership till a favourable decision is taken," he added.
Senior leader K Keshava Rao, at whose residence the meeting was held, said he would send his resignation from the party to Sonia Gandhi. He denied that there were any differences among the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead