Six in ACB net for receiving bribe
Hyderabad: Six government officials were on Friday trapped by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in different parts of Andhra Pradesh on charges of taking bribe.
B Bhaskar, Sub-Treasury Officer in Malyal Mandal in Karimnagar district was caught red-handed by ACB officials at his office when he demanded and accepted Rs 10,000 as bribe from the complainant for remitting pension amount of 8 months in the bank account of the complainant.
A Deputy Tashlidar C Satyanarayana, and a Village Revenue Assistant D Nagulmerra in Nelkondaplli Mandal of Khammam district were trapped by ACB officials when they allegedly took Rs 15,000 as bribe from a complainant for doing an official favour, according to an ACB release here.
In another case, one Village Revenue Officer (VRO) Chandrasekhar, and two Village Revenue Assistants--Chinna Ramappa and G Ramanappa of Maddinaianapalli village in Molakallacheruvu mandal of Chittoor district were caught by the ACB officials when they took Rs 4,000 as bribe from a complainant for receiving Pattadar Passbook.
All the three cases were under investigation, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?