Six in ACB net for receiving bribe
Hyderabad: Six government officials were on Friday trapped by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in different parts of Andhra Pradesh on charges of taking bribe.
B Bhaskar, Sub-Treasury Officer in Malyal Mandal in Karimnagar district was caught red-handed by ACB officials at his office when he demanded and accepted Rs 10,000 as bribe from the complainant for remitting pension amount of 8 months in the bank account of the complainant.
A Deputy Tashlidar C Satyanarayana, and a Village Revenue Assistant D Nagulmerra in Nelkondaplli Mandal of Khammam district were trapped by ACB officials when they allegedly took Rs 15,000 as bribe from a complainant for doing an official favour, according to an ACB release here.
In another case, one Village Revenue Officer (VRO) Chandrasekhar, and two Village Revenue Assistants--Chinna Ramappa and G Ramanappa of Maddinaianapalli village in Molakallacheruvu mandal of Chittoor district were caught by the ACB officials when they took Rs 4,000 as bribe from a complainant for receiving Pattadar Passbook.
All the three cases were under investigation, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it