Six in ACB net for receiving bribe
Hyderabad: Six government officials were on Friday trapped by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in different parts of Andhra Pradesh on charges of taking bribe.
B Bhaskar, Sub-Treasury Officer in Malyal Mandal in Karimnagar district was caught red-handed by ACB officials at his office when he demanded and accepted Rs 10,000 as bribe from the complainant for remitting pension amount of 8 months in the bank account of the complainant.
A Deputy Tashlidar C Satyanarayana, and a Village Revenue Assistant D Nagulmerra in Nelkondaplli Mandal of Khammam district were trapped by ACB officials when they allegedly took Rs 15,000 as bribe from a complainant for doing an official favour, according to an ACB release here.
In another case, one Village Revenue Officer (VRO) Chandrasekhar, and two Village Revenue Assistants--Chinna Ramappa and G Ramanappa of Maddinaianapalli village in Molakallacheruvu mandal of Chittoor district were caught by the ACB officials when they took Rs 4,000 as bribe from a complainant for receiving Pattadar Passbook.
All the three cases were under investigation, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur