Six killed, 21 injured in two road mishaps in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Six persons were killed and 21 others injured in two separate road accidents in East and West Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
The deceased, who belonged to Sri Kalahastri in Chittoor district, used to live in makeshift tents and earn a living by organising road shows, they said.
The five injured, including a four-year-old boy, were rushed to the Government General Hospital at Tanuku.
In a separate incident, two persons were killed and 16 others injured, including six seriously, when a truck collided with a tractor on Pithapuram Bypass road in East Godvari district this morning, police said.
Further investigations were on in both the cases, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother