Six killed, 21 injured in two road mishaps in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Six persons were killed and 21 others injured in two separate road accidents in East and West Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
The deceased, who belonged to Sri Kalahastri in Chittoor district, used to live in makeshift tents and earn a living by organising road shows, they said.
The five injured, including a four-year-old boy, were rushed to the Government General Hospital at Tanuku.
In a separate incident, two persons were killed and 16 others injured, including six seriously, when a truck collided with a tractor on Pithapuram Bypass road in East Godvari district this morning, police said.
Further investigations were on in both the cases, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre