Six killed, 21 injured in two road mishaps in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Six persons were killed and 21 others injured in two separate road accidents in East and West Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
The deceased, who belonged to Sri Kalahastri in Chittoor district, used to live in makeshift tents and earn a living by organising road shows, they said.
The five injured, including a four-year-old boy, were rushed to the Government General Hospital at Tanuku.
In a separate incident, two persons were killed and 16 others injured, including six seriously, when a truck collided with a tractor on Pithapuram Bypass road in East Godvari district this morning, police said.
Further investigations were on in both the cases, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption