Six killed in Andhra Pradesh road mishaps
Rajahmundry: Six people were killed in
separate road mishaps in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday, police said.
Four labourers were killed when a lorry in which they
were travelling hit a road divider in East Godavari district.
The incident happened at Rajanagaram area when the driver
of the vehicle, carrying six daily labourers, lost control and
hit the divider, police said.
Four labourers died on the spot and two were rushed to a
nearby hospital where they are stated to be in a serious
condition, they said, adding that the vehicle was en route to
Visakhpatnam from Vijaywada.
The driver and cleaner of the lorry fled after the
incident and search is on to nab them, police said.
In another mishap at Jaggerupadu village in Kadiam
Mandal, a couple died on the spot after a car in which they
were travelling was hit by a speeding lorry, police said.
The driver of the car also got injured in the accident
and was rushed to Mandapeta Government Hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand