Six killed in Andhra Pradesh road mishaps
Rajahmundry: Six people were killed in
separate road mishaps in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday, police said.
Four labourers were killed when a lorry in which they
were travelling hit a road divider in East Godavari district.
The incident happened at Rajanagaram area when the driver
of the vehicle, carrying six daily labourers, lost control and
hit the divider, police said.
Four labourers died on the spot and two were rushed to a
nearby hospital where they are stated to be in a serious
condition, they said, adding that the vehicle was en route to
Visakhpatnam from Vijaywada.
The driver and cleaner of the lorry fled after the
incident and search is on to nab them, police said.
In another mishap at Jaggerupadu village in Kadiam
Mandal, a couple died on the spot after a car in which they
were travelling was hit by a speeding lorry, police said.
The driver of the car also got injured in the accident
and was rushed to Mandapeta Government Hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says