Six killed in road mishap in AP
Warangal: Six persons of a family were killed and five others injured when the pick-up vehicle in which they were travelling collided head-on with a lorry in Wardhanapet mandal here, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened at Punnal cross-roads when the four-wheeler in which 11 people were travelling from Lingapur village was hit from the opposite direction by a coal-laden lorry late last night resulting in spot death of three persons while three others succumbed to injuries in a hospital, they said.
Five other occupants of the pick-up vehicle were undergoing treatment in MGM hospital here, police said.
The victims were on their way to a temple at Ainavolu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note