Six power plants sitting idle in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as six gas-based power plants, including those operated by GMR, Lanco and GVK, with combined capacity of more than 2000 mw in Andhra Pradesh have stopped operations due to shortage of gas from Krishna- Godavari basin, a senior state government official has said.
The plants sitting idle due to shortage of gas are: GMR’s Vemagiri (370 mw) and barge-mounted (237 mw), GVK’s Jegrupadu Extension (220 mw) and Gauthami (464 mw), Konaseema Gas Power (445) and Lanco’s Kondapalli Stage-II (366 mw).
"All the power plants that are dependent on natural gas supplies from Reliance D-6 are impacted. Some pants are operating with the gas supplies from ONGC or GAIL. Gas supplies from D-6 completely have completely stopped," the official said.
When contacted a Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) spokesperson said they have no role in gas allocation.
"RIL has been supplying gas according to the allocation policy of the government and it is not for us to decide whom to supply gas," the RIL spokesperson said.
Industry sources had said earlier that natural gas supplies from RIL`s KG-D6 block to power plants have completely stopped after output from the eastern offshore fields dropped to an all-time low.
Beginning March 1, none of the 25 power plants that were allocated gas from KG-D6 fields is getting any supplies, sources had said.
According to the official other power plants-Vijjeswaram gas, Lanco Kondapalli stage-I, Spectrum and GVK’s Jegurupadu-I are being operated with minimum gas supplies from ONGC or GAIL.
"The power generation fluctuates from day to day. The last supply we received from D-6 was about 0.4 mmscmd," the state official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!