Six power plants sitting idle in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as six gas-based power plants, including those operated by GMR, Lanco and GVK, with combined capacity of more than 2000 mw in Andhra Pradesh have stopped operations due to shortage of gas from Krishna- Godavari basin, a senior state government official has said.
The plants sitting idle due to shortage of gas are: GMR’s Vemagiri (370 mw) and barge-mounted (237 mw), GVK’s Jegrupadu Extension (220 mw) and Gauthami (464 mw), Konaseema Gas Power (445) and Lanco’s Kondapalli Stage-II (366 mw).
"All the power plants that are dependent on natural gas supplies from Reliance D-6 are impacted. Some pants are operating with the gas supplies from ONGC or GAIL. Gas supplies from D-6 completely have completely stopped," the official said.
When contacted a Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) spokesperson said they have no role in gas allocation.
"RIL has been supplying gas according to the allocation policy of the government and it is not for us to decide whom to supply gas," the RIL spokesperson said.
Industry sources had said earlier that natural gas supplies from RIL`s KG-D6 block to power plants have completely stopped after output from the eastern offshore fields dropped to an all-time low.
Beginning March 1, none of the 25 power plants that were allocated gas from KG-D6 fields is getting any supplies, sources had said.
According to the official other power plants-Vijjeswaram gas, Lanco Kondapalli stage-I, Spectrum and GVK’s Jegurupadu-I are being operated with minimum gas supplies from ONGC or GAIL.
"The power generation fluctuates from day to day. The last supply we received from D-6 was about 0.4 mmscmd," the state official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!