Six students feared drowned off Vizag coast
Visakhapatnam: Six engineering students, including three girls, were feared drowned in the sea near here on Wednesday, police said.
Another student was rescued by local fishermen.
A group of seven B Tech students, studying at Gitam Engineering College here, went for an outing at Rushikonda beach on the city`s outskirts.
They decided to go for a swim in the sea but were caught in a high tide. One of them was pulled out by local fishermen but others are still missing, they said.
Marine boats along with Naval and Coast Guard helicopters were pressed into service to locate the missing students, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter