Six students feared drowned off Vizag coast
Visakhapatnam: Six engineering students, including three girls, were feared drowned in the sea near here on Wednesday, police said.
Another student was rescued by local fishermen.
A group of seven B Tech students, studying at Gitam Engineering College here, went for an outing at Rushikonda beach on the city`s outskirts.
They decided to go for a swim in the sea but were caught in a high tide. One of them was pulled out by local fishermen but others are still missing, they said.
Marine boats along with Naval and Coast Guard helicopters were pressed into service to locate the missing students, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'