Six students feared drowned off Vizag coast
Visakhapatnam: Six engineering students, including three girls, were feared drowned in the sea near here on Wednesday, police said.
Another student was rescued by local fishermen.
A group of seven B Tech students, studying at Gitam Engineering College here, went for an outing at Rushikonda beach on the city`s outskirts.
They decided to go for a swim in the sea but were caught in a high tide. One of them was pulled out by local fishermen but others are still missing, they said.
Marine boats along with Naval and Coast Guard helicopters were pressed into service to locate the missing students, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown