Six students feared drowned off Vizag coast
Visakhapatnam: Six engineering students, including three girls, were feared drowned in the sea near here on Wednesday, police said.
Another student was rescued by local fishermen.
A group of seven B Tech students, studying at Gitam Engineering College here, went for an outing at Rushikonda beach on the city`s outskirts.
They decided to go for a swim in the sea but were caught in a high tide. One of them was pulled out by local fishermen but others are still missing, they said.
Marine boats along with Naval and Coast Guard helicopters were pressed into service to locate the missing students, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India