Six students feared drowned off Vizag coast
Visakhapatnam: Six engineering students, including three girls, were feared drowned in the sea near here on Wednesday, police said.
Another student was rescued by local fishermen.
A group of seven B Tech students, studying at Gitam Engineering College here, went for an outing at Rushikonda beach on the city`s outskirts.
They decided to go for a swim in the sea but were caught in a high tide. One of them was pulled out by local fishermen but others are still missing, they said.
Marine boats along with Naval and Coast Guard helicopters were pressed into service to locate the missing students, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan