Six traders held for abetting liquor mafia in AP
Hyderabad: Continuing its crackdown against
liquor mafia in Andhra Pradesh, Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths
raided liquor shops in Vizianagaram district and arrested six
persons, a senior official said on Sunday.
The arrested accused, who are holders of liquor licences,
are charged with working in collaboration with liquor
syndicate members, Visakhapatnam DSP N Venkateshwar Rao told
PTI, adding all of them were produced before a court today and
were remanded in judicial custody.
The accused are identified as M Ramu, Srinivas Rao,
Shankargangadhar Rao, K Narayanappadu and Durga Rao.
The ACB has been conducting raids in different districts
since last December after "exposing" the nexus among liquor
mafia, politicians and officials.
The agency had earlier arrested liquor don Nunna Venkata
Ramana, who, allegedly confessed to having paid Rs 10 lakh to
excise minister Mopivedi Venkat Ramana and `mamools` (bribe)
to two MLAs.
The ACB has also arrested several excise and police
officials since March for their alleged links with the liquor
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan