Six traders held for abetting liquor mafia in AP
Hyderabad: Continuing its crackdown against
liquor mafia in Andhra Pradesh, Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths
raided liquor shops in Vizianagaram district and arrested six
persons, a senior official said on Sunday.
The arrested accused, who are holders of liquor licences,
are charged with working in collaboration with liquor
syndicate members, Visakhapatnam DSP N Venkateshwar Rao told
PTI, adding all of them were produced before a court today and
were remanded in judicial custody.
The accused are identified as M Ramu, Srinivas Rao,
Shankargangadhar Rao, K Narayanappadu and Durga Rao.
The ACB has been conducting raids in different districts
since last December after "exposing" the nexus among liquor
mafia, politicians and officials.
The agency had earlier arrested liquor don Nunna Venkata
Ramana, who, allegedly confessed to having paid Rs 10 lakh to
excise minister Mopivedi Venkat Ramana and `mamools` (bribe)
to two MLAs.
The ACB has also arrested several excise and police
officials since March for their alleged links with the liquor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof