Six-year-old girl tortured by foster parents in AP
Eluru: A six-year-old girl from West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh has been admitted to a hospital with severe injuries after she was subjected to a torture allegedly by her foster parents, police said on Thursday.
The victim is the third daughter of late Konagala Apparao and his wife Devi of Tadepalligudem village, they said.
As Konagala died two years back, Devi, who is a labourer, through a neighbourhood woman kept her daughter in care of R Lakshmi and Gopi some three months back, while her other two daughters were admitted to an orphanage in Rajahmudry.
According to police, the couple used to frequently harass the hapless child. In a recent incident, which reportedly came to light on Tuesday, she was allegedly severely beaten up by the duo and sustained injuries.
Meanwhile, after being informed that her daughter was unwell, Devi rushed to the house of the couple and was shocked to see her condition, following which she rushed the child to a private nursing home and later to a hospital in district headquarters of Eluru, sources said, adding the victim is recovering.
Police said the foster parents and the intermediary, identified as Lakshmi, will soon be arrested.
Meanwhile, the district officials said the woman and her three children will be admitted to a local state-run charity home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday