Software engineer, lover arrested for husband`s murder in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A woman software engineer, her boyfriend and another man were on Friday arrested on the charge of killing her husband.
Software engineer N Sowjanya (24), her boyfriend Jaideep Deshi, who hails from Hoogly in West Bengal, and one Swamy Raj Kumar were apprehended by Cyberabad police here for the murder of Sowjanya`s husband Venkateshwar Rao on September 14.
According to police, Sowjanya and Jaideep were classmates from 2008 to 2010 at a college at Narayanaguda here, where they fell in love. Both are working at a reputed IT firm in Bangalore at present.
On September 14, Sowjanya approached Hayathnagar Police Station here and told the police that while she and her husband were returning home on a bike from Sanghi temple, three persons, who were wearing masks, attacked them, snatched her Managala Sutram and cell phone, stabbed Venkateshwar fatally and fled.
Venkateshwar died on the spot while Sowjanya had injuries on her back and her hands.
However, a probe by police showed Sowjanya had married Rao due to parental pressure in May 2013, and she soon realised that it was a mismatch (Rao worked as a diesel mechanic with Road Transport Corporation). Her friendship with Jaideep continued.
In Bangalore, both allegedly conspired to kill Rao.
Accordingly, Sowjanya and Jaideep left Bangalore on the night of September 13 and reached Hyderabad next morning. On reaching home, Sowjanya requested Venkateshwar to take her to Sanghi temple.
While returning, she asked him to take Gandicheruvu road. At one point, she said she wanted to attend the nature`s call, so he stopped the bike. Jaideep, who was following them, then approached, slashed Rao`s throat while Swamy Raj held his arms and Sowjanya his legs, police said.
Afterwards, Sowjanya inflicted injuries on herself in a bid to bolster the story of roadside robbery, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow