Software engineer, lover arrested for husband`s murder in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A woman software engineer, her boyfriend and another man were on Friday arrested on the charge of killing her husband.
Software engineer N Sowjanya (24), her boyfriend Jaideep Deshi, who hails from Hoogly in West Bengal, and one Swamy Raj Kumar were apprehended by Cyberabad police here for the murder of Sowjanya`s husband Venkateshwar Rao on September 14.
According to police, Sowjanya and Jaideep were classmates from 2008 to 2010 at a college at Narayanaguda here, where they fell in love. Both are working at a reputed IT firm in Bangalore at present.
On September 14, Sowjanya approached Hayathnagar Police Station here and told the police that while she and her husband were returning home on a bike from Sanghi temple, three persons, who were wearing masks, attacked them, snatched her Managala Sutram and cell phone, stabbed Venkateshwar fatally and fled.
Venkateshwar died on the spot while Sowjanya had injuries on her back and her hands.
However, a probe by police showed Sowjanya had married Rao due to parental pressure in May 2013, and she soon realised that it was a mismatch (Rao worked as a diesel mechanic with Road Transport Corporation). Her friendship with Jaideep continued.
In Bangalore, both allegedly conspired to kill Rao.
Accordingly, Sowjanya and Jaideep left Bangalore on the night of September 13 and reached Hyderabad next morning. On reaching home, Sowjanya requested Venkateshwar to take her to Sanghi temple.
While returning, she asked him to take Gandicheruvu road. At one point, she said she wanted to attend the nature`s call, so he stopped the bike. Jaideep, who was following them, then approached, slashed Rao`s throat while Swamy Raj held his arms and Sowjanya his legs, police said.
Afterwards, Sowjanya inflicted injuries on herself in a bid to bolster the story of roadside robbery, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok