Solidarity with Cong MLA fasting for T`gana: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Friday expressed solidarity
with Congress MLA and former minister Komatireddy Venkata
Reddy who has undertaken an indefinite fast in support of
demand for separate Telangana state.
The Telugu Rashtra Samiti MLAs today met Venkata Reddy
at Nalgonda, where he has been fasting since November 1, and
expressed support to him.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Nalgonda,
TRS floor leader E Rajender claimed that the Congress
government in the state has lost its majority following the
recent desertion of three Congress MLAs who joined TRS.
"The Kiran Kumar Reddy government does not even have
the strength to run the government. It should seek a
confidence vote. Otherwise, a no-confidence motion will be
moved and this government will be made to fall," he said.
The Congress had 155 members in the 294-member house.
Its strength rose to 172 after the merger of Praja Rajaym.
However, the ruling party suffered a blow earlier with 23 MLAs
loyal to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy submitting their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown