Solidarity with Cong MLA fasting for T`gana: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Friday expressed solidarity
with Congress MLA and former minister Komatireddy Venkata
Reddy who has undertaken an indefinite fast in support of
demand for separate Telangana state.
The Telugu Rashtra Samiti MLAs today met Venkata Reddy
at Nalgonda, where he has been fasting since November 1, and
expressed support to him.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Nalgonda,
TRS floor leader E Rajender claimed that the Congress
government in the state has lost its majority following the
recent desertion of three Congress MLAs who joined TRS.
"The Kiran Kumar Reddy government does not even have
the strength to run the government. It should seek a
confidence vote. Otherwise, a no-confidence motion will be
moved and this government will be made to fall," he said.
The Congress had 155 members in the 294-member house.
Its strength rose to 172 after the merger of Praja Rajaym.
However, the ruling party suffered a blow earlier with 23 MLAs
loyal to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy submitting their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video